I have been doing my makeup since I was around 13 years old. I learned from watching my mom apply hers. I get asked a lot “how do you do your eye makeup so well?”, “What products do you use?” So today I thought I would share with you how I do my makeup (smokey eye makeup) and what products I use on the regular.
I do my makeup a little backward. I always start with my eyes first. I do this to prevent any shadow from falling under my eyes after I’ve applied my foundation. You can use a piece of tape to prevent fall out but I prefer to do it this way.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup #150
- CoverGirl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder (#210 Classic Ivory)
- CoverGirl Cheekers Bronzer (#104 GLDN TN)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer (Fair)
- Micabeauty Mineral Eyeshadow (#9 Carnival and #39 Nature)
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner Pencil (#205 Charcoal)
- CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers Pencil (Midnight Brown)
- CoverGirl Professional Mascara Regular Brush (Very Black)
- Rimmel London Stay Glossy Lip Gloss (#750 Immortal Charm). I purchased mine at Shopper’s Drug Mart; now it has become a rare find. Check ebay if you can’t find it on Amazon.
Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Apply Micabella Shimmer Powder Eyeshadow (#9 Carnival) to your eyelid using an eyeshadow brush like the e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush to the Inner, middle & outer lid.
- Then apply Micabella Shimmer Powder Eyeshadow (#39 Nature) on your outer lid and blend just to the outer crease.
- Next, apply Perfect Blend Eyeliner on the lower waterline of your eye.
- Apply a couple of coats of All-In-One Mascara. I usually apply two or three coats to get my lashes perfect.
- Pencil in your eyebrows with the Brow & Eye Makers Pencil.
- Apply concealer under your eyes to diminish dark circles if you have any. Make sure you blend it in evenly, I usually use my finger or a triangle foundation sponge which you can buy at any drugstore.
- Apply foundation evenly to your face. Make sure you blend it under your chin, so you don’t end up with a line of foundation around your face.
- Apply Pressed Powder all over your face to decrease the shine from the foundation and smooth it out.
- Apply bronzer using a brush like e.l.f. Bronzing Brush to the apple of your cheek and blend upwards for a higher cheekbone look.
- Finish off with lip gloss to complete the look.
This post contains affiliate links to make your shopping more convenient.