Almost Wordless Wednesday – The Moon

The Moon Canon SX150 IS

Like always, my WW posts have been anything but. What can I say, I have lots to say! Ha!

Me and my babe were out riding on his motorcycle last night. On our way home, looking up at the clear moon lit sky, all I could think about was how bad I wanted to get home and try and get some decent shots of the moon with my new Canon SX150 IS camera! It was like I had ants in my pants! I wanted it that bad. LOL!

I checked out some Youtube videos before I purchased it and was really impressed with the quality and the zoom capability, but I wanted to try it out for myself! Not a bad shot for my first time trying, eh? I’m pretty proud of myself. Hehehe.

I’m still learning how to use it to it capabilities as I haven’t had a lot of time to play around with all the settings. But so far I am REALLY loving this camera! For the utterly amazing price that I paid, the quality is pretty spectacular!

Have a Wordless Wednesday post? Share your link in the comments. I’d love to check it out!

signature

Comments

1. Kelsey Apley says:

That is a stunning photo!!! I love how detailed it is!!!

2. Joyce Brewer says:

I’m shopping for a new camera. I lost mine on a trip to LA a few weeks ago. What brand is yours?

• Hi Joyce, the camera I purchased is a Canon SX150 IS. I absolutely love it! If you pick one up, I recommend using rechargeable Duracell NiMH batteries and get a charger as well. They last a whole lot longer than regular batteries ;)

3. Chelsea Nicole says:

What a fantastic picture!!

4. Holy smacks what an amazing picture! It doesn’t even look real! WOW…

5. Posh on a Budget says:

The moon really is awesome this week. http://poshonabudget.com/2013/08/ww-momkarma.html

6. gaynycdad says:

We love the moon and its various shapes during the month!
    Mitch

7. Karin Dollery says:

Lovely picture…Last nights full moon is called the Sturgeon Moon. The Algonquins said that the sturgeon in the Great Lakes and Lake Champlain were plentiful and easy to catch on this particular full moon. They also called it The Full Green Corn Moon. I was looking at the moon last night as well,I only wish I had a camera and the talent to capture such great picture . Thanks for sharing

• Thanks Karin! And thanks for the info on the Sturgeon Moon! I had no idea that’s what it was called until you mentioned it. Very cool! ;)