Who knew Banana Chocolate Chip Bread was so easy to make? I didn’t, until just recently! I know, you’re thinking, Tasha, you have got to be kidding? Have you been under a rock? The answer is quite simple… Yep, I have been. Hahaha. I made Banana Chocolate Chip Bread just over a week ago, for the very first time all on my own! YAY!
My mom used to make Banana Bread quite a bit, I don’t remember if she ever added chocolate chips to her recipe but I decided to add them in to mine, just to kick things up a notch.
You see, the reason I never really bothered to learn how to bake is because I knew it would never be as good as hers. So I always left all the baking up to my her. Plus the couple times I did try, it always seems to burn lol but I finally decided to give it a go once more because it had been so long since I had it. I have to say it turned out pretty darn awesome!
When it had finished cooling a couple hours later, I cut a slice for my honey and wanted him to try it. All I heard from him was “Mmmm… Mmmm… MMmmmmmm”. LOL! When it comes to my man, if he’s eating and not doing a whole lot of talking, it’s a pretty good sign he’s enjoying it! But then again I think that pretty much works for all men. After all, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach right?
After he was finished. I asked him what his honest thoughts were. His words: “It was a three-way tie between his Mom, his sister, and me for The Best Damn Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Ever!!!” Ha! Not bad for my first time eh? So now that I know first hand of how simple it really is to bake, if you just follow the instructions, I will be baking a lot more! Practice makes perfect right?
Because my very first time making Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Bread was such a hit. I thought it was only fitting to share my first recipe post on the blog!
- 3 or 4 over ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ tsp of salt
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mash up the bananas (with a potato masher), and then add the melted butter.
- Then mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda and salt and mix.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and Bake for 1 hour in a 9” by 5” loaf pan.
- Place on a cooling rack for 2-3 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Now go get your bake on!
Latest posts by Tasha (see all)
- Ongoing Canadian Friendly Giveaway Linky! – Week of March 7 - March 6, 2014
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder Giveaway: Win 1 of 500! - March 6, 2014
- Enter to win an Essie Nail Lacquer Gift Set from Topbox.ca - March 6, 2014
- Win 1 of 3 Pampering Experiences PLUS 1 Year Supply of Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash! - March 6, 2014