All us ladies know that spa days are like heaven on earth! However, during the holidays we trade the luxury of the spa for holiday stress. Z Living (a leading media brand showing the world’s largest line-up of first-run, original wellness programming) brings a little piece of heaven to you with 9 easy to make, natural homemade spa treatments that will exfoliate, rejuvenate and tone your skin while you are at home. Don’t fret the winter weather. These natural recipes that can be created in your own kitchen in only 10 minutes. Using a few fruits and vegetables such as peaches and olive oil, you can create these 3-step recipes easily.
Get Fresh, Clean Skin with Mint Skin Toner
You can use this natural skin toner on your face every day after cleaning your skin. It helps remove any trace of dirt, soap and your cleanser.
- Take 20-30 fresh mint leaves. Pour about 1.5 liters of hot water and allow them to steep for about 10 minutes. Strain and let the liquid cool.
Avoid Dry Skin with: Cucumber & Yogurt Skin Toner
This is great for oily skin as it will remove excess oil and leave your skin feeling smooth and soft.
- Grate a cucumber and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add 1/2 cup of natural yogurt and blend it well to get a creamy consistency.
- Apply the cucumber and yogurt mix on your face for about 10 minutes.
Rid Scaly Skin with Peaches & Olive Oil Skin Toner
The peaches will nourish your skin, while the olive oil will moisturize it.
- Peel and mash two peaches using some olive oil.
- Add 1tsp of fresh single cream to the mixture.
- Apply it on your face and let it stay for 10 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Get Rid Of Acne with White Vinegar & Rose Water Skin Toner
The white vinegar is antibacterial and will get rid of pimple and acne-causing bacteria. The rose water makes your skin feel smooth and soft.
- Mix equal quantities of white vinegar and rose water.
- Dip a cotton ball in this natural skin toner to clean and tone your face.
Get Ageless Beauty with Green Tea Skin Toner
Green tea is filled with antioxidants that get rid of free radicals. After applying this toner, you will notice your skin has a natural glow and stays soft the entire day.
- Soak green tea in hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and let cool.
- Apply this toner on your face first thing in the morning.
Get Smooth Skin with Chamomile Tea Skin Toner
This toner will leave your skin feeling smooth and clean.
- Boil a tea bag in 100 ml water for approximately five minutes. Let it cool.
- Use a cotton ball to dab your face with tea.
- Let your face air dry. Don’t rinse afterwards.
Stay Fresh All Day with Apple & Honey Skin Toner
This natural skin toner makes your skin radiant and keeps it fresh all day long. Try and use natural honey for its antibacterial properties.
- Purée one ripe apple in a blender.
- Add honey to the purée and apply the mixture on your face.
- Let the mixture stay for 15 minutes before washing off with some lukewarm water.
Remove Excessive Tan with Lemon Juice Toner
The humble lemon juice has so many uses and one of them is helping get rid of excess oil and grease from the face. This will remove all traces of oil and help clear your complexion.
- Apply lemon juice and allow it to remain for 10 minutes before washing off with plain water.
Get Radiant Skin with Vegetable Oil, Lemon Juice & Honey Skin Toner
While vegetable oil contains phytochemicals and nutrients to moisturize and strengthen skin, lemon juice has astringent properties and honey is a natural cleanser.
- Mix 1/4tbsp of any vegetable oil with 1/4 tsp lemon juice and 1tsp honey.
- Blend the ingredients well and apply this mixture on your face.
- Wash your face after 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
Have you ever made homemade spa treatments before? Which of these would you like to try the most?