Nothing comforts us on a cold day like a cup of hot chocolate. From a skating trip with the family or getting cozy in front of the fire, hot chocolate warms from the inside out. This version, made with almond beverage, is also a delicious option for those who are lactose-intolerant.
Almond-Inspired Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups (500 mL) Almond Breeze Original
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) miniature marshmallows
- Heat almond beverage, chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of miniature marshmallows in a small saucepan over medium heat until chocolate and marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently.
- Pour mixture into large mugs for serving and top with remaining miniature marshmallows.
- Chocolate Mocha: Stir in 1 tsp instant espresso powder.
- Mexican Mocha: Prepare Chocolate Mocha, adding a generous pinch of cinnamon.
- Chocolate Caramel: Omit marshmallows and stir in 4 caramel candies.
More information and cooking inspiration is available at almondbreeze.ca.