Coffee Filters aren’t just for making coffee anymore. You can buy 1,000 of them at the dollar store for only a couple bucks! Here are some other uses for them.
- Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. They make excellent covers.
- Clean windows, mirrors and chrome. They are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling (who knew?).
- Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
- If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
- Inexpensive substitute for paper towels and napkins.
- Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
- Hold tacos. They make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
- Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
- Prevent a Popsicle from dripping onto your hands. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter and slide the stick end through the holes.
- Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
- Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers etc on them, it soaks out all the grease.
- Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
- Use one to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
- Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
- Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
- Make a good ‘ol pot of coffee.
What are some other things you use a Coffee Filter for?